Call for Volunteers! We Need Your Help!
Join us in an incredible experience where lives are touched and generosity abounds. The Disorders of the Corpus Callosum Conference is held during the summer in a different USA location every even numbered year. The 2016 conference is July 22 through July 24 at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare in Chicago, Illinois.
This very special conference presented by the National Organization for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum (NODCC) is for families and individuals who are living with a rare disorder in which the band of nerves that joins the two hemispheres of the brain does not form during the prenatal period.
The corpus callosum is the largest connective pathway in a human brain and it is made of more than 200 million nerve fibers. Children diagnosed with a disorder of the corpus callosum experience developmental delays and disabilities, language and speech impairments, and other neurological or neuropsychological problems. The NODCC is a nonprofit corporation whose mission involves creating and disseminating educational materials; developing DCC community networking programs; and sponsoring an annual national conference in order to raise the level of awareness of disorders of the corpus callosum around the world.
Shifts can be as short as five hours or a full day.
Lunch will be provided to those volunteering for a full day (8-10 hours).
Volunteers must be aged 18+ and will be required to sign a liability release.
We need help in the following areas:
- Information Center & Store – Register attendees, sell merchandise, handle Silent Auction transactions.
- Silent Auction – Watch gifts on tables and assist bidders.
- Conference Set-up & Tear-down – Assist in a variety of tasks, e.g. Wednesday pack name badges & conference bags, or Friday set-up & decorate banquet hall.
- NODCC Membership Table – Assist in new member sign-ups.
- Greeters & Runners – Serve in a variety of capacities as needed.
- Photography & Videography – We are seeking people with special talent in taking photos and/or recording a few sessions on videotape.
Register online to be a conference volunteer or to learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our heartfelt thanks! Please know your volunteerism will make a difference in the lives of many grateful families. The gift of your time working at this conference is greatly appreciated!
Back to top