Hello from the Texas Conference Planning Committee!
We invite you to join us at the 2020 Disorders of the Corpus Callosum Conference
on Friday, June 26 – Sunday, June 28, 2020 in Frisco, Texas
Disorders of the Corpus Callosum Conference 2020 Highlights
- Featuring 40 informative lectures and discussion groups, the conference’s professional presentations are grouped into five tracks under the headings of medical, therapies, behaviors, education, and financial/community life.
- Expert panel and discussions on the medical, genetic and behavioral aspects of disorders of the corpus callosum with scientists.
- Special event this year! Join in the family fun at the Saturday evening baseball game and barbecue dinner at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark cheering on the Frisco RoughRiders (Texas Rangers’ minor league team).
- Adults 18+ diagnosed with a DCC are invited to participate in discussion groups and life skills workshops. These sessions include fun role playing and other interactive techniques to help the adults better understand the world and improve talents and abilities. And a special off-site leisure activity planned so everyone can get to know one another better in a fun, casual atmosphere.
- The Kids and Teens Camps will once again be supervised by Corporate Kids Events for registered attendees aged 3–17 (limited to 60 children and 20 teens on a first-registered basis). Open to children with a DCC and their siblings, these camps offer a multitude of activities, games and crafts. Tween and teen siblings have special sessions and programming.
- The Silent Auction is a popular conference tradition and helps off-set conference expenses. We accept donations of items of all kinds to help raise funds to cover the event. Visit the Silent Auction page for info on how you can help!
- NODCC encourages scientific research programs because they contribute to advances in the study of disorders of the corpus callosum. Research teams approved by the NODCC Scientific Advisory Board will be conducting research at the conference. If you are interested in participating in or learning more about these projects, please check the box on your registration form.
- Conference hotel is the Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa. Conveniently situated in the north Dallas suburbs near shopping, restaurants and the Dr. Pepper Ballpark, the Embassy Suites offers free breakfasts and happy hours for guests.
Option 1: Full 3-day Conference – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Full Conference early bird registration fees are Adult (18+) $275.00 USD, Teen (13-17) $275.00 USD, and Child (3-12) $275.00 USD until March 20, 2020.
Regular registration fees are March 21, 2020 – May 15, 2020 are Adult (18+) $325.00 USD, Teen (13-17) $325.00 USD, and Child (3-12) $325.00 USD.
Registration fees after May 16, 2020 – June 5, 2020 will be Adult (18+) $375.00 USD, Teen (13-17) $375.00 USD, and Child (3-12) $375.00 USD.
All registrations must be received by the NODCC Main Office no later than June 5, 2020. Thereafter, registration will be available only at the door for $450.00 per person and will not include meals. 90% cancellation refund if requested in writing prior to April 15, 2020. 50% cancellation refund if requested in writing between April 16 and June 1, 2020. No refunds for cancellations received after June 1, 2020.
Please note the NODCC Central Office will be closed June 20 through July 5, 2020 as staff will be in Texas to handle conference pre/post planning. However, staff will respond to email to the NODCC and phone inquiries.
Click here to become a member of the NODCC to save on conference registration!
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
7600 John Q. Hammons Drive
Frisco, Texas 75034
A block of rooms has been held for the NODCC conference attendees only, at the rate of $159.00 USD per night plus tax on a first-reserved basis. Room options include king and 2 queen bed suites. Click here to book rooms or call the hotel at 972-712-7200.
Reservations must be made before June 8, 2020 to receive the group rate. Hotel rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes. If you wish to extend your visit either before or after the three-day conference, please contact the hotel directly to request the NODCC group rate. Space is based on availability.
There is a parking coverage connected to the hotel for self-parking at $5/per day Valet parking is also available for $10/per day.
The full conference package includes 5 meals: Friday lunch, Friday evening dinner buffet, Saturday lunch, Saturday evening dinner at ballpark, and Sunday lunch buffet. The hotel offers free made-to-order and buffet breakfast!
Located just 25 minutes north of downtown Dallas, Frisco is a convenient 20-minute drive from both Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL). A wide range of transportation options are available including rental cars, taxi service, Uber/Lyft, shuttle services, etc. While the hotel has a courtesy shuttle, it does not do hotel pickups or drop-offs.
Kids & Teen Camps
The Kids Camp will be available for up to 80 children who are registered conference attendees (with DCC or siblings aged 2–12) on a first registered basis. All children must be registered no later than June 1, 2020. Kindly note that we do not offer care for children under the age of 2 years. The Teens Camp will provide activities for up to 20 teenagers (with DCC or siblings aged 13–17). The camps will be fully staffed by Corporate Kids Events (CKE). For more information, visit the CKE website or call 530.274.2502.
Please note only those children who are paid registrants may attend the camps. Programs are fully funded through the fundraising efforts of many NODCC families and conference sponsors. Click here, for more on different rooms and activities in childcare program
All attendees are required to sign the DCC Conference Participation Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement and the Photography, Videotape, Audiotape Release Authorization on the back of the conference registration form. Parents are required to sign on behalf of children under age 18, or for those over 18 if the parent is the legal guardian for that individual.
WELCOME TO FRISCO, TEXAS!
Frisco offers fun for the whole family in a safe, affordable and unique setting. Located just 25 minutes north of downtown Dallas, Frisco is a convenient 20-minute drive from both Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field Airport.
Like sports? Frisco is the home to the Dallas Cowboys headquarters and state-of-the-art practice facility, The Star. The National Soccer Hall of Fame is also in Frisco next to Toyota Stadium, home of FC Dallas. The Dallas Stars and Texas Legends play at the Stars Center while the Frisco RoughRiders take the field at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Stroll through history of video games and play “pong” on the world’s largest home “pong” console at the National Videogame Museum.For details on things to do, shopping, dining and more, check out Visit Frisco at www.visitfrisco.com/things-to-do/
Our conference committee is working hard to raise funds to keep conference registration affordable. To ensure fiscal viability and to cover childcare and meals in full, we need to raise $80,000. If you have any business contacts or if your family would be interested in sponsoring a lecture … or if you would like to contribute a personal donation in any amount … or if you would be willing to send requests for donations to your family and friends … please let us know.
If you would like to fill out the form and mail it in please click the links below.