Disorders of the Corpus Callosum Conference 2022 Highlights
Visit our Conference Details and Registration page HERE for all the information on the upcoming conference
We invite you to join us at the 2022 National Organization for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum (NODCC)
Conference on Friday, July 1 – Sunday, July 3 in Frisco, Texas. Located just 25 minutes north of downtown Dallas, Frisco is a convenient 20-minute drive from both Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field Airport.
- Featuring 40 informative lectures and discussion groups, the conference’s professional presentations are grouped into five tracks under the headings of Medical, Therapies, Behaviors, Education, and Financial/Community Life.
- Sunday morning panel questions and answers discussions on the medical, genetic and behavioral aspects of disorders of the corpus callosum with scientists Elliott Sherr, MD, PhD, Brain Development Research Program, University of California, San Francisco; Lynn K. Paul, PhD, Corpus Callosum Research Program, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA; and Warren S. Brown, PhD, Lee Edward Travis Research Institute, Pasadena, CA.
- Adults 18+ diagnosed with a DCC are invited to participate in discussion groups and life-skills workshops. These sessions include fun role-playing and other interactive techniques to help the adults better understand the world and improve talents and abilities. And…on Saturday afternoon there is an off-site leisure activity planned so everyone can get to know one another better in a fun, casual atmosphere.
- 20th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday evening to recognize our 20-year milestone and celebrate DCC Awareness Day with our community of people connected by callosal disorders. More details to come!
- The Kids and Teens Camps will once again be supervised by Corporate Kids Events for registered attendees aged 2–17 (limited to 60 children and 20 teens on a first-registered basis). Open to children with a DCC and their siblings, these camps offer a multitude of activities, games and crafts
- NODCC encourages scientific research programs because they contribute to advances in the study of disorders of the corpus callosum. Research teams approved by the NODCC Scientific Advisory Board will be conducting research at the conference. If you are interested in participating in or learning more about these projects, please check the box on your registration form. You will be contacted directly by the research project coordinators to arrange an appointment.
- The Silent Auction is a popular conference tradition … and your contributions to the auction help off-set conference expenses. We sincerely appreciate your donations, such as gift baskets of any kind – gift certificates from national chain stores, restaurants and hotels – vacation weekends and amusement park tickets – sports equipment, memorabilia and game tickets – home décor, jewelry, bath and body products –books, CDs and DVDs – unique arts, crafts and pottery – specialty clothing, jewelry and handcrafts – toys and kids gifts – local souvenirs – or whatever you think would be great auction merchandise!
Like sports? Frisco is the home to the Dallas Cowboys headquarters and state-of-the-art practice facility, The Star. The National Soccer Hall of Fame is also in Frisco next to Toyota Stadium, home of FC Dallas. The Dallas Stars and Texas Legends play at the Stars Center while the Frisco RoughRiders take the field at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Stroll through history of video games and play “pong” on the world’s largest home “pong” console at the National Videogame Museum. For details on things to do, shopping, dining and more, check out Visit Frisco at www.visitfrisco.com/things-to-do/
Conference Registration and Lodging
Through the generosity of those who participate in the auction, the kindness of our professional speakers who donate their time and expertise, and the financial gifts from our sponsors and supporters, the NODCC is able to offer a conference registration fee (including meals) of $275.00 person through March 1, 2022.
Registration fee includes:
- Admission to the 3-Day Conference (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) 40 lectures and discussion groups
- Friday afternoon lunch, Friday evening dinner and special evening program
- Saturday afternoon lunch and Saturday evening celebration and dinner
- Sunday afternoon lunch banquet and panel discussion with parents of children with a DCC
- Exhibitors providing a variety of helpful information and services
- Complimentary childcare in the Kids & Teens Camps for registered attendees aged 2–17
- Note, the Embassy Suites provides free breakfast every day!
The 2022 conference will be held at the Embassy Suites Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa, located in Frisco, Texas. A block of rooms has been held for the NODCC conference attendees only, at the rate of $159.00 USD per night plus tax on a first-reserved basis. Room options include king and 2 queen bed suites. To book rooms online please follow this link – https://group.embassysuites.com/vhxzev or call the hotel at 972-712-7200. Enjoy the heated indoor pool (bring your swimsuit), and the comfortable areas throughout the hotel to relax and chat.
Reservations must be made before June 8, 2022, to receive the group rate. Hotel rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes. If you wish to extend your visit either before or after the three-day conference, please contact the hotel directly to request the NODCC group rate. Space is based on availability.