WE ARE A VOLUNTEER-DRIVE ORGANIZATION!
Here are the ways you can get involved as a volunteer with the NODCC:
Board of Directors: Our Board of Directors make both a time and financial commitment to the NODCC. We have 14-17 Board members with varying professional backgrounds who serve two-year terms. The Board meets twice a year and guides the programs of the organization.
Committee Involvement: The Board of Directors has several committees with opportunities for involvement and support.
- Communications – This committee primarily oversees written materials and content put out by the organization. Our needs include:
- Writers for monthly eNewsletter and other stories/content
- Graphic designers to help design graphics for online and social media
- Video production of short social media videos and other content
- Governance – This committee is responsible for ensuring the organization’s management and legal documents are monitored and current. The governance committee oversees bylaws, policies, contracts and more for the organization.
- Development – This committee is responsible for funding for the operation and programs of the NODCC. Current development needs include:
- Grant writers to help identify and apply for funding
- Volunteers to support development efforts including corporate sponsorship, foundations, individual donor drives, signature fundraisers, etc.
- Volunteers to organize local fundraisers
- Support in funding for 2020 Conference in Texas
- Regional Community Support: This group serves as local first-responders providing support to newly diagnosed families or other local needs. Volunteers in local cities or states can help organize family gatherings or fundraisers to strengthen the connection between families.
If you are interested in getting involved with any opportunities or have other skills or talents to share, please contact Barb Fonseca at email@example.com.